Do you want to get all your Google Analytics data and visitor’s behavior into your WordPress dashboard? If yes then just be with me till the end this post is going to be very helpful for you.
Through this post, I am going to share with you how to easily use lead source tracking in Google Analytics through MonsterInsight. MonsterInsight is so far the best Google Analytics plugin currently available. This analytics plugin is very helpful WordPress Plugin for bloggers and eCommerce Website owners.
What is lead source tracking?
Lead source tracking is basically the analysis of the audience of a website. That is from where the majority of the traffic is coming from, on which page the maximum traffic is landing, which is the top-performing country for your website, etc.
Lead source tracking is very important for increasing the engagement and performance of your website. Suppose you want to run a Facebook or Google ads campaign for your website. In this case, if you already have an overview of your audience then the ads campaign will be very successful. Ultimately this practice will definitely help you to bring more conversions from your paid ads.
Some advantage of leads source tracking:
- It is very helpful in identifying your targeted audiences.
- You can get a detailed and deeper overview of your sales funnels.
- Get an idea about which posts, products, services are giving you maximum profits and conversions.
- If any of your funnels or ideas fail, you can quickly get to know from lead source tracking.
- Helps to fulfill customers’ needs and queries.
Overview of Google Analytics
Google Analytics is the best free tool for analyzing or tracking any website data. If you are running a blog or an online business then it is very important to know the performance and intent of the audience of your website. So in this scenario, Google Analytics is the best free tool by Google that helps to know the exact performance of our website.
Not only that, but it also helps you to know the real-time audience on your site, acquisition, engagements, new vs returning traffic on your site, device breakdown, etc. In the latter part of this article, you will get to know how you can get all the features in your WordPress dashboard.
What is MonsterInsight?
MonsterInsight is one of the popular Google Analytics plugins for WordPress that helps you to view and analyze all your website’s Google Analytics data from your WordPress Dashboard. That is every time you want to see the Analytics data you do not need to open Google Analytics, you can view and access all your data from the dashboard.
MonsterInsight is trusted by 3+ Million professional WordPress users. The average ratings of MonsterInsight are 4.6 out of 5 and it is verified by one of the popular WordPress tutorial blogs WPBeginner.
Features of MonsterInsight:
MonsterInsight is the most powerful and easy-to-use google analytics plugin. Let us see what are the key features of this plugin:-
1. Google Analytics Dashboard – Once you successfully installed and activate the MonsterInsight plugin, you can check your website’s analytics data right from your WordPress dashboard. With the help of this plugin, you can easily see the performance of your site.
2. Top 10 posts/ pages – With the help of this plugin you can easily see the top 10 pages and posts of your blog that will help you to know the best performing posts of your website.
3. Device Breakdown – This plugin will also show you a pie chart of how many percentages of your visitors using Desktop, mobile, and tablets.
4. Affiliate link tracking – One of the unique features of MonsterInsight is it keeps tracking of clicks on affiliate links, banner ads, and other important outbound links.
5. eCommerce tracking – If you own an eCommerce site then this plugin will be very useful for you as it allows you to track conversion rate, transactions, and many more.
Plans and Pricing of MonsterInsights:
MonsterInsights plugin is available in both the free version and paid version. The free version can be installed and activated from your WordPress dashboard. The paid version of MonsterInsight comes under three plans, let’s see the features and pricing of each plan.
Plus Plan – This plan is most suitable for small businesses and bloggers. The pricing of this plan starts from $99.50 per year. If you purchase this plan you can use it on only one website.
Pro Plan – The Pro plan of Monsterinsights is mostly suitable for eCommerce sites to see huge results. This plan starts at a price of $199.50 per year. Up to 5 sites can be used if you purchase this plan.
Agency Plan – As the name suggests this plan is for marketing and web development agencies. The pricing of this plan starts from $399.50 per year and it supports up to 25 sites.
All plans come with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
How to track lead sources using the MonsterInsights plugin
Here you will get step-by-step guidance on how to track lead sources using the MonsterInsights plugin.
Step 1: Login into your WordPress dashboard. Now hover to ‘Plugins’ and then click on ‘Add new’. Search for MonsterInsight, install and activate this plugin.
Step 2: Once you successfully installed and activated the MonsterInsights plugin. Now go to the setting of MonsterInsights from your WordPress dashboard.
Go to General settings >> Click on connects MonsterInsights under Google Authentication.
After you click on the connects buttons. You will see all the emails through which you already login on to the device. Choose the email by which you created the Google Analytics accounts.
Step 3: Now MonsterInsights will ask for permission. Login to your Google Analytics accounts and give permission. That’s it, now you can access all of your website’s analytics data from your WordPress dashboard.
MonsterInsight is an amazing analytics plugin for WordPress users that helps us to see the performance of our site on our dashboard. So if you are using this plugin you don’t need to separately open Google Analytics every time when you want to see your website’s analytics data. I hope this article helps you learn how to use MonsterInsight for tracking lead sources.