UPSC CAPF is one of the toughest examinations in India and lacs of candidates try their luck every year. UPSC conducts the examination for the post of assistant commandants (CAPF- the Central Armed Police Forces) every year to select the best talents to serve the armed police.
UPSC is conducting the recruitment process for selection of candidates as Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Force composing of Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Norder Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Table of Contents
Here are the details of the UPSC CAPF Exam-
- Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
- Exam hostName: Central Armed Police Forces
- Name Of the Examination: assistant commandant exam.
- Type of the Examination: OMR Based paper.
- Duration of Exam: 2-hour exam.
- Who all Appeared in Examination: Graduates and above.
- Exam Date: Usually in July
- Date of Result Announced: Not yet released.
UPSC CAPE 2020 – Central Armed Police Force Vacancy Details:
Usually, below are the vacancies per post under UPSC CAPF. Although this number can change every year. You are advised to check the official website for the vacancy-
- Number of posts: 323 Posts
- Post Name: Assistant Commandant
- BSF: 100 posts
- CRPF: 108 posts
- CISF – 28
- ITBP: 21 posts
- SSB: 66 posts
- Only Indian citizens can apply
- Both Male and Female aspirants are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants in CRPF, CISF, SSB, and BSF. However, an appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants in ITBP is not meant for the female candidates
- Bachelor’s / Graduate degree from a recognized institute is an essential educational requirement
- The age of the applicant should lie between 20 – 25 years as on 1st August 2016
- Candidates will have to possess the minimum physical standards as to be specified in the official notification.
UPSC CAPF 2020 Important Dates
Please remember these are just the probable dates and users are advised to check the official sites for more updated details.
|1.||Issue of advertisement & application form||April 22, 2020|
|2.||Date of closure of the application form||May 12, 2020|
|3.||Date of the Exam||August 9, 2020|
|4.||Announcement of result||January 2021|
|5.||Interviews/ Personality test||December 2020|
USC CAF syllabus and Examination Pattern
There will be two paper for the CAPF examination as described below-
General Ability and Intelligence: The paper will be objective-based carrying multiple-choice questions. The question paper will be bilingual – English and Hindi. Maximum marks – 250 marks
General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension: Here, candidates will have the option of writing the Essay Component in English/Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension, and other language skills will be English only. Maximum marks – 200 marks.
The selection of the candidates for the CAPF recruitment shall be done on the basis of the following: Written Examination, Physical and Medical Standards Tests and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Interview/ Personality Test.
Aspirants should be able to qualify for all these stages, however, admission to them will be purely provisional.
This was all about the UPSC CAPF examination. Hope this article will help you if you are planning to prepare for the CAPF exam. We will all the success in your exam.
You can visit the official site for more details and updated information.